1. What do you think will happen to the raisins when the water runs out of carbonation?
2. Why do you think the fizz tastes flat after it has been out for a while?
3. What is carbonation? How can you tell it is in the liquid?.
4. Define Density: Density is the amount of mass per unit of volume.
5. Which is denser: raisins or the liquid? How can you tell?
The raisins are denser than the soda pop because they sink.
6. What happened to the raisins? Why?
WHERE TO NEXT?
What would happen if we used different objects eg. apple seeds, chick peas, pumpkin seed..
What would happen if we used different carbonated liquids - is coke more carbonated, what about baking soda and vinegar?
How long would the soda water 'push' raisins up and down?
Does the temperature of the liquid make a difference?